Friday, January 8, 2010

Alexis Serna Re-signs with WInnipeg

Serna originally signed with the Blue Bombers on June 7, 2008. The Oregon State product dressed in all 18 games last season for the Bombers, leading the team in points scored with 161, while making 40 of 49 field goals. Serna won Special Teams Player of the Week for week 13 of the 2009 CFL season when he was good from distances of 53, 32, 13, and 41 yards.



Ross Hodgkinson, Interim VP of Football Operations, stated, “I think this is a very positive step for the Winnipeg Blue Bombers to re-sign a player of Alexis’ caliber. Alexis is going into his third season with us and we have seen great progression in the past two years. He’s a great guy to have around our locker room and a very solid kicker in this league. I look forward to even better things from him as we move forward.”



Winner of the Lou Groza award (2005) as the best placekicker in U.S. college football, Serna was the kicker for all four years at Oregon State (2004-2007) and a punter as a senior. He finished his collegiate career as the all-time scoring leader in Beavers history (384 points).



“It’s a privilege for me to re-sign with the Bombers and continue my career in Winnipeg. I’m really looking forward to the 2010 season both personally and for our club. The organization has been great to me and this was a very easy decision. I enjoy the city, the fans are great and the club is very good to me. I’m thrilled to get this deal done,” Serna said

No comments:

Post a Comment

web site hit counter
web site hit counter